Thursday, January 22, 2015

New Beginnings

Welcome to the new and improved Going Wester blog! My wonderful friend Victoria of Happily Ever Strader did an amazing job giving it a fresh face and breathing new life into it with a gorgeous design.

After several months of hiatus, I am back to writing and I'm excited to be sharing our lives with you again. I don't know what your January has looked like, but mine has been a little short of goal-crushingly awesome! Instead of waking up on January 1 with a new determination to conquer the world, I feel like I woke up in a fog that I can't shake. Case in point, I realized today that the new body wash I've been using for a week straight is actually body lotion. Wow! That may be a little too much information, but I need you to understand the struggle.

The glorious news is that it's not too late to make this year the best one yet. We have plenty of time to catch up on all that has happened, but for now I want to pick up where we are and plow forward.

laracasey.com

Have you ever asked God a question and gotten an answer that didn't seem to make sense? Since our move to Oklahoma, I've struggled with trying to find my place and my purpose here. I've asked and asked God to reveal where I fit, and each time I've asked, I've gotten an instant answer, "Write." 

That doesn't fully make sense to me yet, because it's not a place and it's not a job and it wasn't the answer that I was looking for. But, I rarely experience such an immediate and clear answer to prayer, so I am running with it! I have new goals for this little blog and lots of ideas. Keep me accountable, friend!

I posted a picture above from Lara Casey's blog. I hope it is the most freeing sentence you read today. There is nothing magical about January 1. Thank goodness!!! If you're like me and you're a little behind, you're in good company! I am currently going through a series of Goal Setting exercises that Lara does every year in January. I hope you'll join me! You can check them out on her blog, or follow along here because I'll be posting my progress and sharing my goals with you as we go.

laracasey.com
If I only wish one thing for each of us this year, it's that we all take a leap of faith and start living the life that God has planned for us. It's wildly more amazing and thrilling than any we could dream up on our own!

2 comments:

  1. I seem to remember a quote my English teacher had hanging in her classroom that applies to thoughts on a new year:
    "The best way to make your dreams come true
    is to wake up."

    Looking forward to reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love that. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete