Sunday, February 8, 2015

Fairytales

This weekend I spent a lot of time with Cinderella. After all, she is quite demanding between her crown, carriage, ball gown, and glass slippers! After a bit of a hiatus from baking, I decided to take on this project for a little girl's birthday, and I'm so glad I said yes! By the way, you can check out the precious party girl and her decor in this adorable video by Aubrey Lisa Photography and in Kenzie's blog over at Farm Girl Blogs!



“Whenever you say yes to something, there is less of you for something else. 
Make sure your yes is worth the less.” ― Lysa TerKeurstThe Best Yes: Making 

I need to read that quote about ten times a day, every day. In years past I have been the world's worst about saying yes to anyone and everything. My reasoning was that if I said "yes" to everyone, then I was being the best friend/daughter/wife/person that I could be. Ha! In Lysa's book, she also said this, “A woman who lives with the stress of an overwhelmed schedule will often ache with the sadness of an underwhelmed soul.” Preach! 

I believe that God has uniquely gifted us with special abilities and characteristics. We all have things we love to do and that we are especially good at. My goal lately has been to say "yes" to those things as much as possible. For me, that's baking and being creative--those are the moments that my soul sings with joy.

We may not be living Cinderella's fairytale life, but we do have the choice every day to make the most of our 24 hours.  What will you say "yes" to today? 

1 comment:

  1. WE LOVED IT! Thank you again so much!!! Everything you do is always beautiful. :)

    -Kenzie
    farmgirlblogs.com

    ReplyDelete